Dip Arb, FRICS, FCIArb, FCInstCES, Accredited Mediator
Kevin has over 20 years’ experience working as a Partner or Director of major professional practices and construction contract consultancies and he set up McKee to provide high level contract and commercial management services to clients and contractors in the construction and engineering sectors.
McKee employ professionally and legally qualified consultants who can provide the full spectrum of contract and commercial management services including undertaking commercial reviews and cost audits; preparing programmes and delays analysis; developing and implementing dispute avoidance and resolution strategies; providing expert witness services; and undertaking contract training.
Kevin’s experience encompasses:
- Developing contract and commercial strategies for major programmes of work.
- Managing major target cost contracts in the infrastructure sector.
- Providing contract advice and training on collaborative working arrangements for undertaking long-term maintenance works on a motorway network.
- Undertaking contract and commercial assurance reviews of proposed contract documents on major projects and programmes of work.
- Providing advice to a major transport corporation on implementing risk sharing contractual arrangements for a major Mass Rapid Transit project in south-east Asia.
- Advising clients and contractors on commercial and contractual issues and implementing strategies achieving successful outcomes.
- Acting as programme commercial manager for client organisations on difficult projects to assist in implementing turn around strategies.
- Acting as mediator facilitating the resolution of disputes on construction projects.
- Advising and representing parties in adjudications.
- Preparing expert reports on quantum issues and giving evidence in formal dispute proceedings.
- Providing expert advice and reporting at Board level on complex issues affecting projects of national importance.
- Providing in excess of 200 contract and commercial training seminars and workshops covering all the standard conditions of contracts including for professional bodies such as the RICS and CIOB.
Our aim is to provide clients with commercial assurance, add value and solve problems. We have experience of working on complex projects and managing difficult issues and we tailor our services to suit specific requirements that are focussed on achieving desired outcomes.
“I found the seminar most useful, the session provided a rare opportunity to gain a greater awareness of the Client’s bespoke contract arrangement. The areas of the seminar I found most interesting were those on and the Pain / Gain Share and Disallowed Cost”
“I wanted to pass on my praise for the seminar today. It was to the point and very informative. It helped with the speaker passing on his experience within the examples”
“We thought the seminar was very informative and delivered at exactly the right pitch”
“I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar finding it very well presented and informative”
“The seminar was excellent! The content was perfect and the speaker’s delivery made it very easy to follow and understand (as always)”
We provide public and in-house training seminars on a range of contract and commercial management topics including contract law; contract and commercial management; framework agreements and term contracts; target cost contracts; earned value analysis
Our team has experience of working on a range of different construction and engineering sectors utilising a variety of different contracting arrangements ranging from relatively low value works to major projects or programmes of work.
Complete the form to the right and we will be in contact ASAP.